In an interview with CVG, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot stated that Nintendo needs to perform this year, otherwise they will have less games.. He went on to say that Nintendo needs to sell more systems in order for Ubisoft to invest more, thus bringing more third party support.
I agree with Yves’ statement. Nintendo needs to perform this year, which I have full confidence that they will. After Nintendo’s killer E3 appearance, the company has nothing to worry about.
“With Mario Kart, Wii U made one step and we expect with Smash Bros. it will also do more. If Nintendo put the right price on the machine then they will probably have a chance to do further,”
“We are coming with Watch Dogs and Just Dance this year. We also have another game on the shelves that we expect to come at some point when there will be more machines,”
“That game is waiting for more machines to be available,”
“We are also waiting for them to achieve more sales so that we can invest more. Because the problem we have with next-gen now here, is that we are seeing less games that are on next-gen and last-gen consoles.”
“Nintendo has to perform this year, otherwise they will have less games. Justifying investing in the machine needs a larger install base,”
Latest posts by Marc Villa (see all)
- Nintendo Celebrates National Video Games Day with Fun Mario Facts - 09/08/2015
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth – The Wild Cards Premium Edition Gets A Massive Price Cut On Amazon - 07/06/2015
- Zero Escape 3 Coming To 3DS In 2016 - 07/05/2015
- Splatoon Is The Highest Selling eShop Title Of All Time In Japan - 07/05/2015
- Dragon Quest VII and VIII Could Be Coming To The West - 07/04/2015